Home Loan Application Checklist
What you’ll need for your application
- Proof of income. If you work for an employer this means original pay slips displaying your employer's name or last year's group certificate or tax return. If you are self employed, your financial statements with tax returns for the last two years.
- Any other income or expenses. This may include trust income, Centrelink benefits, Family Law Court agreements, share dividends or other investment income.
- Details of your monthly expenses including copies of your household bills, credit card statements, hire purchase agreements and car expenses.
- Details of any loans you may have, including loan approvals and statements showing regular payments.
- A copy of your offer and acceptance contract to buy your new home site.
- A copy of your building contract.
- Bank statements or other documents that show 'genuine' savings. If you want to borrow more than 90% of your property's value, many banks and lenders will ask you to show genuine savings. This means money that you have saved in a savings account for at least 3 months. It does not include money from a first home owners grant, and most banks do not accept a money gift from parents, or proceeds from sale of a car as proof of 'genuine' savings.